Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SAN DIEGO BIRDING IN JANUARY IV


I had planned to go to La Jolla to photograph brown pelicans the next  morning, but it was foggy and cloudy at the coast so I went back to Lindo Lake. This time the osprey was just looking from afar, but there was a red-tailed hawk in a nearby tree who posed nicely for me. 



I then came across a flock of cedar waxwings, a first for me.



They are quite a lovely bird. 

Waterfowl seen were of course mallard ducks, Northern Shovelers, 


 Common Moorhen or Common Gallinule -



and a few wood ducks. 

Two smaller birds that I was also able to photograph were the Western Bluebird -


 and the Yellow-Rumped Warbler.


There is quite a population of Great-Tailed Grackles around the lake as well.  This one found a mid-morning snack.


So you can see I am not staying home much. I will be off to get those Brown Pelicans in a couple of days. :-)

3 comments: