Wednesday, May 4, 2016

ARIZONA SPRING 2016 - DAY FIVE


SATURDAY, MARCH 26TH

This was a short day of photography. After a sunrise shoot at Lost Dutchman State Park we enjoyed breakfast back at our motel, and then headed North to Page. Along the way we dropped three of the group at the airport for their return flights to the mid-west.


Moonset with Saguaro

Sunrise Light on Superstition Mountains

Low Light on Cholla

Hedgehog and Chain-fruit Cacti
This morning was not a good day for me, as I dropped the camera off the tripod while setting it up. (I had not secured the camera to the tripod mount before moving the tripod.) The lens, Canon 17-40 mm., took the damage with a very visible scratch on the front of the lens. Luckily for me, our "leader" Mark had an extra one of this lens in his luggage, and I was able to use it for the rest of the trip. I use this lens a lot for landscapes as it is a wide angle lens.

The drive to Flagstaff was on I-17, a scenic route North to Flagstaff. Then it was onto US-89 to Page. This is quite familiar territory to me as George and I traveled it often while volunteering at the North Rim, Grand Canyon for ten years. We stopped at the Cameron Trading Post for an early dinner of Navajo Stew and Fry Bread, as well as some browsing of the Trading Post.

Once in Page, we settled into our motel for a two night stay before heading off to a two night camp out at White Pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment