Monday, June 11, 2018

FAMILY FALL TRIP TO MAINE - 3

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25TH.  
Today was a travel day back to Freeport, Maine. We returned to Castine to clean up the headstones on my parents’ graves. We did a fairly good job of making the stones readable once again. This was all done in a light rain which continued through out the day. As we had made a number of stops on the way North, we did not stop for anything in particular on the way South. We did make a rest stop in Camden and actually found the three masted schooner, Victory Chimes, dressed for the winter. This vessel used to stop in Castine weekly during the summers, and we were well acquainted with its’ owner and captain that lived in Castine.

Tina had booked us into the Hilton Garden Inn for the evening. Thus we were within easy walking distance of L. L. Bean’s main store as well as their outlet store. We all did some browsing and buying here. I found a pair of hiking boots which will replace my older leather boots. Afterwards we had dinner at the Jameson Tavern which was very good.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26TH.

Today we went to Melrose, Massachusetts, to visit with my brother Jack and his wife Ellie. 

My Brother and I with Portrait of our Grandfather in the Background 
It was wonderful to see them both. We swapped family stories, took pictures, and enjoyed lunch at Turner’s Seafood Grill and Market in down town Melrose. I am very glad that we made the time for this visit as I had not seen them since 2011 when I went East for my late Cousin Priscilla’s 100th birthday.

We returned to Westbrook for the evening as we had flights out of Portland the next morning. 

It was a great trip and we all enjoyed ourselves. It was wonderful sharing our memories of Castine and Maine with the family.  We are now plotting for the next family adventure to another national Park in 2019. Stay tuned.

Happy Trails and Memories to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment