Saturday, February 1, 2014

LAST WEEK IN JANUARY IN LA JOLLA


I returned from Iowa and photographing in winter to sunny dry San Diego. I could not resist the temptation to go see the pelicans once again, and I was greatly rewarded: It was a sunny day and the pelicans now have their full black neck coloring. They were as humorous as ever to watch and photograph:

Move it little one


I am Out of here!










Four days later, the weather had changed and I again went to La Jolla. This time there was some coastal fog and clouds. This combination did not make for very good opportunities, but I  
thoroughly enjoyed a relative quiet walk along the coast between La Jolla Cove and Children's Pool. At Children's pool I was able to photograph a couple of harbor seals and make some portraits. The tide was in so the surf was close and made for some nice wave action. Occasionally the sun came out for few minutes which again made for some nice light. I seized the moments.













I also enjoyed seeing the body surfer having an enjoyable time in the water.






 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic photos. I love the seal and the pelicans are just so funny. Have a good week. Diane

    ReplyDelete