Wednesday, July 26, 2017

PHOTOGRAPHING THE OREGON COAST - JUNE 10, 2017


JUNE 10TH – BANDON

This morning did not start out well for the RavenMaven. In my haste to get out to the car, I tripped over my own camera gear! The result was a bruised knee for the rest of the trip which was a pain and slowed me down quite a bit. I guess the good thing was that I tripped over my camera gear rather than tripping while carrying my camera gear!!

MORNING LIGHT AND SEA STACKS

ROCK "FISH"

SEA STACK PILLAR

We got rained out for sunrise though we had a few minutes with light peeking through a small break in the clouds. After breakfast. we went to visit the West Coast Game Park to interact with baby animals that were on display. (No photographs, sorry that you will not see these cubs, etc. being cuddled by the public.) Along the way we stopped at a roadside business for saltwater taffy and a couple of varieties of jams. I did purchase a small jar of marionberry jam, as well as dark chocolate covered blueberries.

A midafternoon treat as we headed for Shore Acres State Park was a stop at the Face Rock Creamery where taste tested their cheeses, and then enjoyed a delicious ice cream cone. It was time to return to shore Acres State Park where I was able to borrow a 10 stop Neutral Density Filter and shoot the surf and see the effects of having a shutter speed of about 30 seconds to a minute. It certainly creates a different effect which I will explore a bit more. I think it works better earlier or later in the day when you get a very placid feel to the image, and not the mid-day light.
 
SHORE ACRES SHORE LINE
 We returned to the Charleston Shipyard for some more time photographing boats that had seen better days on the water.  
 
OLD KNOTTING

PROPELLER

FISHING NETS

Late in the afternoon we returned to the Lord Bennett Restaurant for a delightful dinner with great views to the West. Afterwards we once again returned to Bandon Beach for an evening photo shoot. The clouds prevailed but there were a few hints of some color. Maybe tomorrow will be better. 

STORMY EVENING
WITCH'S HAT

A THREATENING SKY


No comments:

Post a Comment