Tuesday, April 2, 2019

DESERT WILDFLOWERS - COYOTE CANYON - FEB. 28

Up early to enjoy the early morning light in the Desert. It was very enjoyable. I drove out to Coyote Canyon and onto Desert Garden. The wind was already an issue as it was blowing about 10 mph. Due to the latest rains, about a week ago, the Canyon was closed to vehicle traffic beyond Desert Garden. 

That did not stop me. I decided to take advantage of the fact that there was no vehicle traffic and walked in about a mile and a half. It was delightful, as generally there are a lot of four wheel traffic going in to the area. 

MORNING LIGHT AND SHADOW



I really enjoyed the play of the clouds and shadows on the slopes.


SHAW AGAVE

Not bad for a phone image
VERBENA AND DESERT DANDELION
DESERT DANDELION ENTWINED IN DODDER
When I returned to my car i set up my breakfast table and enjoyed breakfast and the natural setting. Soon it was time to head for home, but I first had to check out of my motel. 

1 comment: