Tuesday, April 2, 2019

WILDFLOWER SPRING - FEBRUARY 27

The end of February I returned to Anza-Borrego State Park for some more enjoyment of the Spring Bloom. This was a solo trip and I spent the night out there so I could enjoy it a little more, and see a couple of different areas. Since the last trip we had had another good rain which reached Borrego Springs and caused some flooding in Borrego Palm Canyon and Coyote Canyon.

My first stop was at the end of Henderson Canyon which showed a large variety of Verbena and  Desert Primrose. The Desert Sunflower was also out.





I then returned to S-22, the Salton Sea Highway and revisited Arroyo Salado and then ventured into Coachwhip Canyon. The wind was a bit of an issue today so I tried to find flowers that were in the lee of a canyon wall.


GOLD POPPY


BLAZING STAR
BLUE PHACELIA
DESERT LILY
ARZIONA LUPINE
BROWN-EYED EVENING PRIMROSE
LUPINE HILLSIDE

After a mid-afternoon break I headed back out on the Salton Sea Highway and captured the late afternoon light on North side of the Badlands.






The skies remained clear with only a few clouds so there was not a need to go to Fonts Point for sunset. Oh darn. I enjoyed the light on the canyon walls though.  



DAY'S END

No comments:

Post a Comment